For a meaningful aptitude diagnosis it is necessary to create requirement profiles that take into account all professional requirements, competencies, potential factors and motivation parameters. To ensure this, we work with specially developed methods:
- Analysis of previous documents to describe the job requirements
- Preparation and implementation of a workshop with job holders, supervisors, managers of surrounding areas and HR
- Application of the "critical incidents method": collection of success-critical tasks and situations, derivation of expected behavior, selection of appropriate criteria
- If available, we use the customer's competence models, but check the completeness of the relevant criteria and advise on the prioritization of the factors to be checked
- If required, we provide an established competence model for interdisciplinary competences
Group procedures are particularly suitable for systematic development of junior managers as so-called development centers (DC). In addition to the assessment of the candidates' competencies, intensive networking also takes place to and between observers, and through calibration a common understanding of the competencies and the corresponding behavior is developed.
- Use of the DCs according to the aptitude diagnostic standard to allow several observers to assess the same competencies over several observation situations
- Creation of realistic working days in the future role
- Video evaluation with detailed feedback
Single AC and audits clearly emphasize the evaluation character: more tasks in a short time; short, number-based evaluation processes of the observers - a clear and accurate picture of the candidate as the only objective. Audits are procedures in which we as consultants assess candidates alone without the participation of internal observers. This is primarily used when filling top management positions where no executives are available as observers at the relevant level in the company.
- Methodically, this type of procedure usually consists of a complex case study, simulated interviews and a partially standardized interview
- Inclusion of results of psychological tests for personality description