Application Engineer (m/f/d) Adhesive Resin multilayer films
Our client is the European subsidiary of a globally operating international chemical group that has around 18,000 employees worldwide. From its head office in NRW the company looks after the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) regions inclusive Russia and generates a turnover of about € 350 million with approx. 100 employees. Its product portfolio covers fine & performance chemicals, packaging & engineering materials as well as specialties for the automotive, packaging and industrial sectors. The candidate contributes essentially to safeguard and expand the market-leading position in this application area and belongs to the Technical Competence Center. We are looking for a highly motivated personality with passion for plastic engineering and sales affinity.
- General technical support to customers inclusive providing technical trainings and presentations
- Solve customers' technical tasks in manufacturing or product development
- Assist and support customers by developing new products and applications, attendance at trial runs at customers
- Cooperate closely with machine suppliers to give them the right material and processing support
- Visit potential customers, fairs, exhibitions, conferences and machine suppliers on a regular basis
- Cooperation with all parties involved in developing new applications
- Management and report of Quality Claims according to internal procedures
- Support sales and marketing teams by giving technical explanations and trainings
- Observe and analyze market trends
- Technical University degree like M.Sc plastics engineering
- Very high level of knowhow in plastic engineering and a career track in plastic processing or co-extrusion
- Several years of work experience with co-extrusion in technical service position including regular contacts to customer
- Good knowhow of a variety of industries, especially of the food packaging industry
- High level of negotiation skills as well as strong customer and service focus
- Passion to develop new applications / always looking for opportunities
- Good networker with knowledge of and acceptance in the relevant communities
- Willing to travel (travel rate approx. 35%)
- As English is the company language, fluent English is necessary
If this position is your destination, please contact Gerhard Eller (+49 211 88 23 93-21). We look forward to receiving your application with a cover letter and current CV, your income expectation and your notice period by e-mail to
manuela.wieland(at)pmci.de. Discretion and compliance with blocking notices are a matter of course for us.
IMPORTANT: By sending your documents such as CV, certificates, etc., you expressly confirm to us that we may store these documents and other necessary personal data that accrue during the process and work on this project. Unfortunately, we cannot consider you as a candidate without such a temporary storage of your data. If this project is finished or you as a candidate leave the search process prematurely, we will ask for confirmation separately to be able to store your data beyond the project.
PMCI Executive Consulting GmbH, Bahnhofstraße 8, 30159 Hannover